This howto will describe how to separate the I2P router and the I2PTunnel/Syndie/etc JVM instances. It's most useful if you want to run the router 24/7 on a stable computer and I2PTunnel on your workstation from which you connect to the I2P.
(Note that I did this earlier and so I might have forgotten some necessary steps. Please contact me if you have problems setting it up)
Step 1: Installation[Bearbeiten]
For this to work, you need two separate installations of I2P. You probably already have one and you can keep it.
The two installations will be referred to as:
- ~/i2p - The instance which will be running the router. You want to locate this on a stable computer.
- ~/client - The instance running I2PTunnel and other services. This should be installed on your workstation.
To install them, just follow the typical steps of installing an I2P router.
Step 2: Configuring the client[Bearbeiten]
TODO (write me !)
Just browse to the B32 URL of the remote.
The above text was write in 2006. The following links may be useful:
I2P's official FAQ:
- How can I access the web console from my other machines or password protect it?
- How can I use applications from my other machines?
Links to http://forum.i2p :
- 2012: Can't connect to web UI from other machine
- 2011: HOWTO: Using I2P Remotely With SSH
- 2011: browsing eepsites from another pc