Other languages: Deutsch
The following are copied citations.[Bearbeiten]
BiglyBT is a feature filled, open source, ad-free, bittorrent client. We've kept all of the features you love, while dropping the ones you probably don't (such as ads and third party software). If you are already using Azureus or Vuze, you'll have the option to copy and migrate the configuration settings, downloads, and plugins.<ref>https://www.biglybt.com/</ref>
Former Vuze developers, including the person supporting the I2P plugin, have left Vuze and forked the software, and named it BiglyBT.<ref>https://torrentfreak.com/former-vuze-developers-launch-biglybt-a-new-open-source-torrent-client-170803/</ref><ref>https://torrentfreak.com/tumbleweed-at-vuze-as-torrent-client-development-grinds-to-a-halt-170710/</ref>
As long as Vuze users aren't using something that BiglyBT doesn't have (which is mainly the Vuze Plus features DVD Burning and Anti-virus (the other two plus features, "no ads" and "play now" are included by default in BiglyBT)) we recommend to switch to it for ongoing support and updates for both the Vuze features and the I2P plugin. BiglyBT is Java 8+ only so people stuck on older versions (mostly ancient Macs that don't support Java 8 and maybe Windows XP) can't switch.
The I2P plugin is already available.<ref>https://plugins.biglybt.com/ (I2P support within BiglyBT is via the "I2P Helper" plugin - it will automatically be installed under a number of circumstances when needed - this address is for the manual installation.)</ref> When a Vuze user installs BiglyBT they are prompted to migrate config and plugins so things should be straightforward.<ref>http://zzz.i2p/topics/2367-vuze-users-recommended-to-switch-to-biglybt</ref>
In addition to the standard Bittorrent Client Features (Magnet URI, Preload Magnet metadata, Super-seeding, Embedded tracker, UPnP, NAT Port Mapping Protocol, NAT traversal, DHT, Peer exchange, Encryption, UDP tracker, LPD), BiglyBT also offers:
- Swarm Merging to complete torrents that do not have all the available bits, and to speed up downloading
- Rate limiting globally, by download, by tag, by peer-set (e.g. peers from a given country), by network (public/I2P) and even by peer. Overall capacity limits are also supported to work with ISP limits. Limits can also be scheduled by time of day etc.
- WebTorrent support - BiglyBT can download and seed to WebTorrent peers. There is also a built-in WebTorrent tracker.
- Robust settings. If you want to control it, there’s probably a setting for it!
- Remote controlling via Android app (any android app that supports the Transmission RPC will do, but we recommend ).
Organization, Discovery & Social Features[Bearbeiten]
- Tags and Categories. Allows you also to set share ratios, file locations, speed limits, etc for a group of torrents.
- Meta-search, with the ability to add and create custom site templates
- Swarm Discoveries which lists torrents that other people have downloaded along with the torrents you download.
- Tag Discovery to discover what other users have tagged content with. This can be very helpful before deciding to download the content.
- Subscriptions to RSS feeds as well as search results. You can also create your own subscription feed to share with others
- Decentralized ratings and comments. You can view them before the torrent is added to BiglyBT.
- Decentralized public and anonymous chats with default channels for individual torrents, tags, subscriptions, and trackers
- I2P support (using I2P DHT) for anonymous downloading
- Detection of VPNs for better integration
- Ability to proxy search results, subscriptions, and internal browser connections through Tor if site is inaccessible
- Media Playback
- Media Conversion (Transcoding)
- UPnP Media Server and DLNA support, allowing devices to connect and browse your content, and allowing BiglyBT to send content directly to devices.
- RSS to chat publisher for sharing content streams via chat
- Decentralized content replication for sharing arbitrary modifiable files